Ad-Hoc networks can be temporary networks setup in the wake of a disaster, provide a short-term augment to the bandwidth for large venue events, or provide a quickly deployable permanent solution to relieve network congestion. The ability to respond quickly can save lives and money. After the 9/11 attacks on NYC, FSO networks were able in short order to reconnect the financial district to New Jersey.
The principle advantage to Free Space Optics technology is the speed at which you can deploy it. There are no trenches to dig, permits to file, or licensing to obtain when leveraging the technology. Despite this advantage, reliability in inclement weather conditions (smoke, fog, rain, scintillation) limits its use.
As for the deployment in NYC post (9/11), the solution wasn’t stable enough in fog to be a permanently available link. Until now.
Fog Optic’s flagship product, Fog Laser, addresses these quality of service concerns for Free Space Optics companies. Find out more about this significant breakthrough in our White Paper.
Opportunity - Fog Optics
Fog Optics has patented the only OEM laser telecom system in the world that can cut through adverse weather conditions. Engineered to work with current FSO design specifications and concepts, this power tool can enable any commercial company fielding traditional Free Space Optical (FSO) system a major advantage to compete.
In 2013, the Free Space Optics market reached $34 million (source: Optics & Photonics News). With the reliability and distance of a Fog Laser™ enabled link, FSO manufacturers now have a competitive advantage in pursuit of the lucrative Mobile Backhaul market which is expected to reach $9.7 billion by 2016 (source: Infonetics).
- Reliability - Only Laser product in the world with 99.999% reliability in adverse weather conditions
- Distance - 3 km in any weather condition, 5 km in most
- Bandwidth - High capacity 1 Gig/s or greater
- Easy Integration - OEM Technology can easily be integrated into most system designs with a small form factor
- 100% Optical - Pure all weather optical solution with no redundant RF needed.
- Proven Design - Field tested with the data prove it
- Patented - Exclusive transmit and receive technology that no one in the world has
- Low Cost - Fog Laser™ enabled solutions maintain the lowest cost per megabyte in the industry
- Compliant - Eye Safe and No FCC Licensing or Permits necessary
Fog Optics Sales