Fiber installations often run into cost & right of way issues. Fog Optics enabled links are an easy to install solution that doesn’t require a spectrum license to extend your network.
Significant demand for broadband services stems from core metro markets and point-to-point network solutions are an ideal solution to relieve network congestion. Enterprises and Operators are running out of options to cost effectively connect networks in these metro markets, whether faced with right of way issues from laying fiber, lack of spectrum when deploying RF, or significant expense of leasing bandwidth. Free Space Optics or unlicensed RF are the only alternatives, however their reliability is a challenge. Until now.
Fog Optics technologies elevates FSO quality to fiber like reliability, providing more flexibility to last mile networking solutions.
Opportunity - Fog Optics
Fog Optics has patented the only OEM laser telecom system in the world that can cut through adverse weather conditions. Engineered to work with current FSO design specifications and concepts, this power tool can enable any commercial company fielding traditional Free Space Optical (FSO) system a major advantage to compete.
In 2013, the Free Space Optics market reached $34 million (source: Optics & Photonics News). With the reliability and distance of a Fog Laser™ enabled link, FSO manufacturers now have a competitive advantage in pursuit of the lucrative Mobile Backhaul market which is expected to reach $9.7 billion by 2016 (source: Infonetics).
- Reliability - Only Laser product in the world with 99.999% reliability in adverse weather conditions
- Distance - 3 km in any weather condition, 5 km in most
- Bandwidth - High capacity 1 Gig/s or greater
- Easy Integration - OEM Technology can easily be integrated into most system designs with a small form factor
- 100% Optical - Pure all weather optical solution with no redundant RF needed.
- Proven Design - Field tested with the data prove it
- Patented - Exclusive transmit and receive technology that no one in the world has
- Low Cost - Fog Laser™ enabled solutions maintain the lowest cost per megabyte in the industry
- Compliant - Eye Safe and No FCC Licensing or Permits necessary
Fog Optics Sales