Rural cellular needs now have an additional high-bandwidth, no FCC license, fast installation option to expand their networks.Rural operators play an essential role in the mobile industry, providing connectivity services to local residents and businesses, extending coverage for larger cellular providers. Unique requirements such challenging areas, limited site deployment options and reduced site accessibility make selecting the right backhaul solution all the more critical. Fog Optics enabled links enable high capacity wireless backhaul solutions provide the ideal combination of capacity and reach without the high initial cost of fiber, FCC spectrum licensing, or recurring cost and low performance of leased T1/E1 lines.
Opportunity - Fog Optics
Fog Optics has patented the only OEM laser telecom system in the world that can cut through adverse weather conditions. Engineered to work with current FSO design specifications and concepts, this power tool can enable any commercial company fielding traditional Free Space Optical (FSO) system a major advantage to compete.
In 2013, the Free Space Optics market reached $34 million (source: Optics & Photonics News). With the reliability and distance of a Fog Laser™ enabled link, FSO manufacturers now have a competitive advantage in pursuit of the lucrative Mobile Backhaul market which is expected to reach $9.7 billion by 2016 (source: Infonetics).
- Reliability - Only Laser product in the world with 99.999% reliability in adverse weather conditions
- Distance - 3 km in any weather condition, 5 km in most
- Bandwidth - High capacity 1 Gig/s or greater
- Easy Integration - OEM Technology can easily be integrated into most system designs with a small form factor
- 100% Optical - Pure all weather optical solution with no redundant RF needed.
- Proven Design - Field tested with the data prove it
- Patented - Exclusive transmit and receive technology that no one in the world has
- Low Cost - Fog Laser™ enabled solutions maintain the lowest cost per megabyte in the industry
- Compliant - Eye Safe and No FCC Licensing or Permits necessary
Fog Optics Sales