Fog, smog, smoke, scintillation, and rain are the principal challenges of FSO (Free Space Optics) Laser
Communications. These atmospheric conditions limit year-long availability to only 99.9% up-time (3 9’s) or require a redundant low bandwidth fail-over RF module for a reliable link. Fog Optics has designed a system – Fog Laser™ – that enables FSO to meet telecom backhaul standards without the need for redundancy. Over the course of more than 50 successful field tests, Fog Optics obtained real world data consistently proving the reliability of our patented technologies to meet backhaul quality standards (5 9’s) using only an optical transport.
Fog Laser is designed for Free Space Optics manufacturers interested in enabling their systems to reach the quality and distance needed to expand their sales into vast new markets.
Fog Laser™ is a licensable optical transmit and receive technology that can be integrated (OEM) into existing or new Free Space Optic systems and is compatible with all encoding techniques.
Opportunity - Fog Optics
Fog Optics has patented the only OEM laser telecom system in the world that can cut through adverse weather conditions. Engineered to work with current FSO design specifications and concepts, this power tool can enable any commercial company fielding traditional Free Space Optical (FSO) system a major advantage to compete.
In 2013, the Free Space Optics market reached $34 million (source: Optics & Photonics News). With the reliability and distance of a Fog Laser™ enabled link, FSO manufacturers now have a competitive advantage in pursuit of the lucrative Mobile Backhaul market which is expected to reach $9.7 billion by 2016 (source: Infonetics).
- Reliability - Only Laser product in the world with 99.999% reliability in adverse weather conditions
- Distance - 3 km in any weather condition, 5 km in most
- Bandwidth - High capacity 1 Gig/s or greater
- Easy Integration - OEM Technology can easily be integrated into most system designs with a small form factor
- 100% Optical - Pure all weather optical solution with no redundant RF needed.
- Proven Design - Field tested with the data prove it
- Patented - Exclusive transmit and receive technology that no one in the world has
- Low Cost - Fog Laser™ enabled solutions maintain the lowest cost per megabyte in the industry
- Compliant - Eye Safe and No FCC Licensing or Permits necessary
Fog Optics Sales